On 1st April 1947, as an initial startup, a few passionate bakers gathered together to form an association to unite and promote development within the bakery industry. The association was then named as “Sin Chew Bakery Association”. The founders involved and supporting this idea were: 韩鸿丰先生、林树旭先生、韩秀元先生、林鸿仪先生、杨瑞洪先生、韩步云先生、潘正球先生、符鸿合先生、陈家礼先生、郑玉光先生、张惠清先生、杨维琏先生及何敦鉴先and others from the bakery industry. At the start, there was no official association office; all meetings and correspondence were utilizing 琼侨汇兑公会address and premises.
On 1st April 1950, “Sin Chew Bakery Association” shifted to 71 Bencoolen Street and on 14th February 1954, they shifted again to 78 Waterloo Street. With the contributions from the committee and members, “Sin Chew Bakery Association” took its first step in renting their first office.
In 1966, a committee was set up with黎国汉先生and张惠清先生being appointed as President & Vice President and 郑玉光先生and陈家礼先生as Secretary & Vice Secretary. With the assistance of their leadership, the association started to progress. Due to the space constraint, a subcommittee consisting of 冯世钤先生、张运南先生、周德进先生与符必煌先生was formed to assist the main committee to scout for another location as well as recruiting members and obtaining contributions.
The following year on 22nd February, the association shifted again to 192A Waterloo Street. At that point of time, the Association was financially strained but thanks to the generosity of 王裕兰先生and a few others, the Association managed to survive through the crisis. 6 years later, on 25th August 1973, the association shifted again to a more spacious area at 4th floor.
In 1968, after due consideration, the committee decided to change the association’s name from “Sin Chew Bakery Association” to “Singapore Bakery Confectionery Trade Association”. During the same year, on 6th July, the association was officially registered with the Registrar of Business. In early 1970, due to economic boom in Singapore, all industries started looking forward to improvement and new developments. The bakery industry also look forward to new changes. In addition, besides traditional bread baking, bakers started to invent cakes and breads of all kind including different fillings.
On 9th February 1970, the 23rd term Board of Directors of the Association held its inauguration ceremony. 王春权先生was appointed as the President and the Vice President was 张惠清，罗学琳先生as Secretary and黄林荣先生as Treasurer. With the co-operation of all committee, meetings were actively carried out with the focus set on the association members welfare and interest, such as assisting members in overcoming their staffing problems and their children bursary subsidies, sending members overseas for training to keep updated with the various technology relevant to the baking industry, as well as, intensively recruiting new members. One strategy the Association took was in consolidating and purchasing baking raw materials in bulk and reducing the overall cost of such ingredients to each member, which in turn resulted in cost savings to the consumers. The Committee on 7th August 1977 successfully united all members to set up a Company named 新加坡面包西果原料批发合作社有限公司to play a major role in assisting the development of the members’ business. During that same year on 11th November, the Association bought a van for S$16,200, it was with the intention that the van would be loaned to its members in the event their vehicle had a breakdown, this service would ensure that members’ deliveries will not be affected.
In early 1979, the Committee unanimously voted to have a permanent office for the Association. A sub-committee comprising of 黄华木先生、陈川信先生、王春权先生、黄良正先生and符鸿晶先生was formed to address this priority. Through their hard work and sponsorship of the Singapore Chinese Flour Association, the Association managed to purchase a 2-storey terrace at No. 50 Lorong 24A Geylang for about $180,000. The Association officially moved into the new premises on 2nd March 1980.
In the past 70 years, the Presidents of the Association are 张惠清先生、谭运佩先生、王春权先生、黎国汉先生、冯德明先生、郑炎昌先生、陈昭仲先生、傅孙辉先生. The present President 廖建发先生BBM has held office since 2006. Besides recruiting new members, holding talks and sharing session, organising baking competition and exhibitions, had also been organising overseas trip to assist in enhancing and strengthen members understanding and exposure. In 2003, the Association had also collaborated with the world-wide baking organisation “ 国际华联烘焙总会”and 廖建发先生BBM took over the 6th term as the chairman of the Association. On 16th September 2016, the Association was authorised by 国际华联烘焙总会 to legally register 国际华联烘焙总会 in Singapore with their secretarial service also being registered in Singapore.
Mission : To promote, prosper and fire the passion for the bakery arts industry in Singapore
Vision : To connect and collaborate with professionals in the bakery industry locally & internationally
1950年4月1日， 星洲面包商会迁至明古连街71号（71，Bencoolen Street）。1954年2月14日，又改租赁滑铁卢街78号（78, Waterloo Street）屋宇为会所。当时，商会里只是摆放一些简单的桌椅橱柜，这些家具，也都是理事诸公出钱出力，热心支持。这个时期，商会大致上已初具雏形。 1966年，黎国汉先生与张惠清先生分别膺任本会正副主席，郑玉光先生与陈家礼先生则为正副总务。在上述领导层与其他理事的齐心协力下，会务进展迅速。鉴于租赁的会所陈旧简陋且窄小，不敷应用，乃公推冯世钤先生、张运南先生、周德进先生与符必煌先生协助主席与总务，合共八人为“会所迁移筹委会”，负责物色地点，并吁请会员鼎力支持，慷慨捐输。
翌年2月22日，迁入附近的滑铁卢街192号二楼（192-A, Waterloo Street）为会所。其时，商会经济拮据，幸蒙王裕兰先生等人的慷慨解囊，赞助经费，本会始能度过困难时期。六年后的1973年8日25日，又再迁至更宽敞的四楼。1968年，本会经过理事会的议决而将“星洲面包商会”易名为“新加坡面包西果商公会”，并于当年7日6日获商团注册官允准。70年代初，由于新加坡经济快迅增长，各行各业也都力求改进与发展。我面包行业亦不例外，除了致力于提高面包的品质外，同业们也纷纷开始烘制蛋糕礼饼及含馅的各类小面包，形形色色，出现从未有的蓬勃热闹的景象。
同年11月11日，为方便会员因货车突然损坏，或必须送车去检验维修，本会特耗资16,200新元购买了一辆广告车，以供会员借用，而不致于影响他们的送货工作。1979年初，理事会为求一劳永逸地解决会所问题，一致议决自置会所，并推举黄华木先生、陈川信先生、王春权先生、黄良正先生及符鸿晶先生等组成“购置会所小组委员会”，积极物色新会所。经过一番努力，在会员 们的热烈响应，以及新加坡华商面粉公会的鼎力赞助下，终于以近18万新元购置芽茏二十四巷A50号（50，Lor 24A，Geylang）的一间二层楼排屋为会所，并于1980年3月2日正式搬迁到新址迄今。
任务 ： 推广，繁荣与激发对新嘉坡烘焙艺术行业的热情